Restrictions on movement of night trains to continue: Mamata
Kolkata: Restrictions on the running of
passenger trains at night in the Maoist-affected areas of West
Bengal would continue till the state government provided
proper security, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday.
"Lives of passengers were more precious than running of
trains. Unless the state government provides security, trains
will not run at night in the Maoist-hit areas," she told
Banerjee said that security has to be provided by the
The Railways had decided to halt running of passenger
trains at night in certain sections following the Jnaneswari
Express derailment on May 28 which was suspected to be an
act of sabotage by the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read
- Taliban fighters overrun district in eastern Afghanistan
- Sports recap: Five stories that grabbed the headlines this week