Restrictions on movement of night trains to continue: Mamata
Kolkata: Restrictions on the running of
passenger trains at night in the Maoist-affected areas of West
Bengal would continue till the state government provided
proper security, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Monday.
"Lives of passengers were more precious than running of
trains. Unless the state government provides security, trains
will not run at night in the Maoist-hit areas," she told
Banerjee said that security has to be provided by the
The Railways had decided to halt running of passenger
trains at night in certain sections following the Jnaneswari
Express derailment on May 28 which was suspected to be an
act of sabotage by the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- England vs Pakistan: 2nd Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days