Rifles found in West Midnapore, seizure of arms continue
Kolkata: A large number of rifles and
other guns were found from the vicinity of CPI-M party offices
at four places in West Midnapore district on Thursday.
At Bandhora in Jhargram sub-division, 14 rifles and
some ammunition were found abandoned beneath a culvert, which
was seized by the joint forces, police said.
Altogether 36 double barrel guns were seized from
three different spots under Salboni police station area.
All the seizure of illegal firearms were made from
near CPI-M party offices by the joint forces, they said.
A pipegun was seized from Kotulpur in adjoining
Yesterday, in a raid on the Kharkusma CPI-M party
office under Garbeta police station, police and joint forces
seized 35 improvised cannons, 16 muskets, 20 pistols, 55
revolver parts and 155 bullets.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had said yesterday that
the seizure of arms would continue as keeping them was illegal
and directed the police to do so irrespective of party colour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding