Rifles found in West Midnapore, seizure of arms continue
Kolkata: A large number of rifles and
other guns were found from the vicinity of CPI-M party offices
at four places in West Midnapore district on Thursday.
At Bandhora in Jhargram sub-division, 14 rifles and
some ammunition were found abandoned beneath a culvert, which
was seized by the joint forces, police said.
Altogether 36 double barrel guns were seized from
three different spots under Salboni police station area.
All the seizure of illegal firearms were made from
near CPI-M party offices by the joint forces, they said.
A pipegun was seized from Kotulpur in adjoining
Yesterday, in a raid on the Kharkusma CPI-M party
office under Garbeta police station, police and joint forces
seized 35 improvised cannons, 16 muskets, 20 pistols, 55
revolver parts and 155 bullets.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had said yesterday that
the seizure of arms would continue as keeping them was illegal
and directed the police to do so irrespective of party colour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days