Rights body for release of political prisoners by new govt
Kolkata: A rights body on Monday expressed
hope that the Trinamool Congress-led new government in West
Bengal would release all political prisoners.
"This is expected that the new ministry will take a
bold decision to unconditionally release all political
prisoners in the state," Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) secretary S Roychowdhury said.
An APDR delegation met Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh and
urged him for preparing a list of all political prisoners with
the help of the jail department.
He demanded that the new government discuss the issue
at its first meeting.
Stating that the APDR would like to meet the new chief
minister, he said, "APDR expects a positive response from the
new state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!