Rights body for release of political prisoners by new govt
Kolkata: A rights body on Monday expressed
hope that the Trinamool Congress-led new government in West
Bengal would release all political prisoners.
"This is expected that the new ministry will take a
bold decision to unconditionally release all political
prisoners in the state," Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) secretary S Roychowdhury said.
An APDR delegation met Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh and
urged him for preparing a list of all political prisoners with
the help of the jail department.
He demanded that the new government discuss the issue
at its first meeting.
Stating that the APDR would like to meet the new chief
minister, he said, "APDR expects a positive response from the
new state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers