Rights body for release of political prisoners by new govt
Kolkata: A rights body on Monday expressed
hope that the Trinamool Congress-led new government in West
Bengal would release all political prisoners.
"This is expected that the new ministry will take a
bold decision to unconditionally release all political
prisoners in the state," Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) secretary S Roychowdhury said.
An APDR delegation met Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh and
urged him for preparing a list of all political prisoners with
the help of the jail department.
He demanded that the new government discuss the issue
at its first meeting.
Stating that the APDR would like to meet the new chief
minister, he said, "APDR expects a positive response from the
new state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says