Rights body for release of political prisoners by new govt
Kolkata: A rights body on Monday expressed
hope that the Trinamool Congress-led new government in West
Bengal would release all political prisoners.
"This is expected that the new ministry will take a
bold decision to unconditionally release all political
prisoners in the state," Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) secretary S Roychowdhury said.
An APDR delegation met Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh and
urged him for preparing a list of all political prisoners with
the help of the jail department.
He demanded that the new government discuss the issue
at its first meeting.
Stating that the APDR would like to meet the new chief
minister, he said, "APDR expects a positive response from the
new state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert