Rights body for release of political prisoners by new govt
Kolkata: A rights body on Monday expressed
hope that the Trinamool Congress-led new government in West
Bengal would release all political prisoners.
"This is expected that the new ministry will take a
bold decision to unconditionally release all political
prisoners in the state," Association for Protection of
Democratic Rights (APDR) secretary S Roychowdhury said.
An APDR delegation met Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh and
urged him for preparing a list of all political prisoners with
the help of the jail department.
He demanded that the new government discuss the issue
at its first meeting.
Stating that the APDR would like to meet the new chief
minister, he said, "APDR expects a positive response from the
new state government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack