Road blockades in Jalpaiguri district
Jalpaiguri: Congress workers on Thursday enforced road blockades in various places of Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal following the killing of a Congress worker and injury to eight others in a clash.
Government and private vehicles came to a standstill as a result of the blockade by the activists demanding punishment to the culprits involved in the incident, police said.
A Congress Surya Mohan Debnath was killed and four others, including the president of the Jalpaiguri district committee Mohan Bose, were injured when supporters of the party and those of CPI (M) clashed last night in the Milanpali and Palashtoli areas of the district.
The injured have been admitted to the Jalpaiguri civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket