Roy sits through Budget presentation in WB House
Kolkata: Railway Minister Mukul Roy on Friday
witnessed the presentation of Mamata Banerjee government`s maiden budget in West Bengal Assembly.
Roy, declared elected to the Rajya Sabha unopposed from
the state yesterday, entered the Speaker`s gallery shortly
before the budget was to be presented.
He sat attentively throughout as Finance Minister Amit
Mitra read out his 58-page budget speech.
Roy, along with three other candidates of the Trinamool
Congress were elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha from West Bengal after Congress candidate Abdul Mannan withdrew his nomination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra