Rs 100 cr project to strengthen fire services in WB
Kolkata: The West Bengal Government has taken up a Rs 100 crore project to strengthen fire services infrastructure in the state.
"With this fund the state government will set up 25 additional fire stations statewide, besides procuring 36 small fire tenders to fight fire incidents in congested areas," Disaster Management Minister Javed Khan said.
Altogether six of these 25 additional fire service stations would be set up in Kolkata alone, while the rest would come up in the districts, he said.
Stressing the need for small fire tenders to fight fire or any disaster in lanes, by-lanes and congested areas, where big fire tenders cannot enter, Khan said these small fire tenders would now help the firemen to work with more confidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news