Rs 100 cr project to strengthen fire services in WB
Kolkata: The West Bengal Government has taken up a Rs 100 crore project to strengthen fire services infrastructure in the state.
"With this fund the state government will set up 25 additional fire stations statewide, besides procuring 36 small fire tenders to fight fire incidents in congested areas," Disaster Management Minister Javed Khan said.
Altogether six of these 25 additional fire service stations would be set up in Kolkata alone, while the rest would come up in the districts, he said.
Stressing the need for small fire tenders to fight fire or any disaster in lanes, by-lanes and congested areas, where big fire tenders cannot enter, Khan said these small fire tenders would now help the firemen to work with more confidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’