Rs 100 cr project to strengthen fire services in WB
Kolkata: The West Bengal Government has taken up a Rs 100 crore project to strengthen fire services infrastructure in the state.
"With this fund the state government will set up 25 additional fire stations statewide, besides procuring 36 small fire tenders to fight fire incidents in congested areas," Disaster Management Minister Javed Khan said.
Altogether six of these 25 additional fire service stations would be set up in Kolkata alone, while the rest would come up in the districts, he said.
Stressing the need for small fire tenders to fight fire or any disaster in lanes, by-lanes and congested areas, where big fire tenders cannot enter, Khan said these small fire tenders would now help the firemen to work with more confidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'