Rs 650 crore sanctioned for central cancer hospital in WB
Malda (WB): The Centre has sanctioned Rs 650 crore to set up a cancer hospital at Rajarhat near Kolkata, Union Minister of State for Health Abu Hossain Khan Chowdhury said here on Sunday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was well aware of the "dismal healthcare scenario" in West Bengal, Khan Chowdhury said, adding that the prime minister had told him about establishing this hospital after he was sworn in as minister last month.
He said he would talk to the West Bengal government for land to set up the hospital which would be built by the Union Health Ministry.
The Prime Minister or UPA president Sonia Gandhi could lay the foundation stone of the hospital, Khan Chowdhury told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli