Rs 650 crore sanctioned for central cancer hospital in WB
Malda (WB): The Centre has sanctioned Rs 650 crore to set up a cancer hospital at Rajarhat near Kolkata, Union Minister of State for Health Abu Hossain Khan Chowdhury said here on Sunday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was well aware of the "dismal healthcare scenario" in West Bengal, Khan Chowdhury said, adding that the prime minister had told him about establishing this hospital after he was sworn in as minister last month.
He said he would talk to the West Bengal government for land to set up the hospital which would be built by the Union Health Ministry.
The Prime Minister or UPA president Sonia Gandhi could lay the foundation stone of the hospital, Khan Chowdhury told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?