Rs 650 crore sanctioned for central cancer hospital in WB
Malda (WB): The Centre has sanctioned Rs 650 crore to set up a cancer hospital at Rajarhat near Kolkata, Union Minister of State for Health Abu Hossain Khan Chowdhury said here on Sunday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was well aware of the "dismal healthcare scenario" in West Bengal, Khan Chowdhury said, adding that the prime minister had told him about establishing this hospital after he was sworn in as minister last month.
He said he would talk to the West Bengal government for land to set up the hospital which would be built by the Union Health Ministry.
The Prime Minister or UPA president Sonia Gandhi could lay the foundation stone of the hospital, Khan Chowdhury told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology