Rs 650 crore sanctioned for central cancer hospital in WB
Malda (WB): The Centre has sanctioned Rs 650 crore to set up a cancer hospital at Rajarhat near Kolkata, Union Minister of State for Health Abu Hossain Khan Chowdhury said here on Sunday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was well aware of the "dismal healthcare scenario" in West Bengal, Khan Chowdhury said, adding that the prime minister had told him about establishing this hospital after he was sworn in as minister last month.
He said he would talk to the West Bengal government for land to set up the hospital which would be built by the Union Health Ministry.
The Prime Minister or UPA president Sonia Gandhi could lay the foundation stone of the hospital, Khan Chowdhury told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail