Sagarika wants her children back
Kolkata: Sagarika Bhattacharya, whose son and daughter are in the foster care of their uncle under a Norway court order, wants them back and is distraught that the police are not acting on the orders of the CWC to restore the infants to her.
"My daughter is distraught and wants her son and daughter back," Monotosh Chakraborty, father of Sagarika, said over phone from his residence at Birati in North 24 Parganas district, a day after the police refused to comply with the order of the Burdwan Child Welfare Committee, a state constituted body.
Chakraborty said the CWC in its order had stated that the environment at Kulti in Burdwan district, where the two children, Abhighyan (4) and Aishwarya (2) were staying with their uncle Arunabhas Bhattacharya, was not congenial to their mental and physical growth.
"Moreover, the CWC has clearly stated that the children be handed over to their mother who is the best custodian for their healthy upbringing and not the person now looking after them," he claimed.
Sagarika had moved the CWC six months ago for the custody of her children who were staying in the foster care of their uncle Arunabhash under the order of a Norwegian court.
She had also sought the help of the Kulti police, but was refused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan