Sarabjit`s death was result of bad handling: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Thursday attributed the death of Indian death row prisoner in Pakistan Sarabjit Singh to "bad handling of the case".
"I am extremely shocked to learn that Sarabjit Singh is no more. This is the result of bad handling of the case. I have no words to express my anguish. I can only say sorry for the state of affairs that caused this situation," Banerjee said on a social networking site.
"My deepest condolence to the members of the bereaved family, I stand by them at this hour of grief," Banerjee said.
Sarabjit Singh, on death row in Pakistan after conviction in terrorist strikes in Punjab province, Pakistan, had been comatose since April 26, when he was savagely attacked by two fellow prisoners at Kot Lakhpat Jail in Lahore. He had spent over 20 years in jail.
Sarabjit Singh died on Thursday in a Lahore hospital a week after being brutally beaten up by fellow inmates in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly