Saradha agents earned 35% commission on deals: ED
New Delhi: Marketing agents who promoted investment schemes of the controversial Saradha group of companies among investors in various states were earning a high commission of 35 per cent till the time the alleged scam became public, says an Enforcement Directorate probe report.
ED, which has been probing the alleged financial irregularities and cheating by Saradha group of companies, has also detected that a high interest rate of 18 per cent was assured to investors if they invested in the groups` schemes for a period of 3-5 years, the probe report said.
"...Out of every Rs 100 mobilised from public, an amount of Rs 35 went into payment of commission and performance bonus to the agents mobilising the investment.
"It is also seen that the interest rate assured to the investors is 18 per cent at a minimum for a period of 3-5 years," the central probe agency said in its latest investigation report in the case where it has currently pegged the money laundering figure at Rs 1983.02 crore and has identified this amount as the "proceeds of crime".
"This (rate of interest) is normally not possible given the present state of investment scenario," the probe report said.
The marketing agents too were getting high commissions as compared to the prevalent market dynamics, officials involved in the probe said.
The chit fund scam, the agency reported, was allegedly orchestrated and investors were cheated of their hard-earned wealth as the "money mobilised from the public was not invested into any fruitful investments except some investment in landed properties and from that investment it was unlikely that the investors would get their money back along with the promised interest."
The agency, after it registered a criminal case in the Saradha scam under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) in West Bengal, Odisha and Assam, has also recorded statements of various agents working for propagating the businesses of at least four of the group companies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know