Saradha case: ED probe not to clash with CBI
Kolkata: A CBI probe into the multi-crore rupees Saradha ponzi scheme scam will not overlap with the on-going investigation by Enforcement Directorate (ED), a senior ED official said today.
"The ED and CBI probes will go parallel and there is no possibility of an overlap", ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta said.
For the ED it does not matter whether CBI or any other agency like SIT (Special Investigation Team formed by the West Bengal government) conducts a probe.
"The ED will primarily track the flow of funds and the persons responsible for money laundering. The scope of ED was much wider," he said.
CBI like the SIT on the other hand will investigate persons involved in the scam, Gupta said. Supreme Court yesterday ordered a CBI probe into the Saradha scam which had hit depositors not only in West Bengal, but also in Odisha and Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog