Saradha case: ED probe not to clash with CBI
Kolkata: A CBI probe into the multi-crore rupees Saradha ponzi scheme scam will not overlap with the on-going investigation by Enforcement Directorate (ED), a senior ED official said today.
"The ED and CBI probes will go parallel and there is no possibility of an overlap", ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta said.
For the ED it does not matter whether CBI or any other agency like SIT (Special Investigation Team formed by the West Bengal government) conducts a probe.
"The ED will primarily track the flow of funds and the persons responsible for money laundering. The scope of ED was much wider," he said.
CBI like the SIT on the other hand will investigate persons involved in the scam, Gupta said. Supreme Court yesterday ordered a CBI probe into the Saradha scam which had hit depositors not only in West Bengal, but also in Odisha and Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi