Saradha case: ED probe not to clash with CBI
Kolkata: A CBI probe into the multi-crore rupees Saradha ponzi scheme scam will not overlap with the on-going investigation by Enforcement Directorate (ED), a senior ED official said today.
"The ED and CBI probes will go parallel and there is no possibility of an overlap", ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta said.
For the ED it does not matter whether CBI or any other agency like SIT (Special Investigation Team formed by the West Bengal government) conducts a probe.
"The ED will primarily track the flow of funds and the persons responsible for money laundering. The scope of ED was much wider," he said.
CBI like the SIT on the other hand will investigate persons involved in the scam, Gupta said. Supreme Court yesterday ordered a CBI probe into the Saradha scam which had hit depositors not only in West Bengal, but also in Odisha and Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed