Saradha case: ED probe not to clash with CBI
Kolkata: A CBI probe into the multi-crore rupees Saradha ponzi scheme scam will not overlap with the on-going investigation by Enforcement Directorate (ED), a senior ED official said today.
"The ED and CBI probes will go parallel and there is no possibility of an overlap", ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta said.
For the ED it does not matter whether CBI or any other agency like SIT (Special Investigation Team formed by the West Bengal government) conducts a probe.
"The ED will primarily track the flow of funds and the persons responsible for money laundering. The scope of ED was much wider," he said.
CBI like the SIT on the other hand will investigate persons involved in the scam, Gupta said. Supreme Court yesterday ordered a CBI probe into the Saradha scam which had hit depositors not only in West Bengal, but also in Odisha and Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing