Saradha case: ED probe not to clash with CBI
Kolkata: A CBI probe into the multi-crore rupees Saradha ponzi scheme scam will not overlap with the on-going investigation by Enforcement Directorate (ED), a senior ED official said today.
"The ED and CBI probes will go parallel and there is no possibility of an overlap", ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta said.
For the ED it does not matter whether CBI or any other agency like SIT (Special Investigation Team formed by the West Bengal government) conducts a probe.
"The ED will primarily track the flow of funds and the persons responsible for money laundering. The scope of ED was much wider," he said.
CBI like the SIT on the other hand will investigate persons involved in the scam, Gupta said. Supreme Court yesterday ordered a CBI probe into the Saradha scam which had hit depositors not only in West Bengal, but also in Odisha and Assam.
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai believes mobile phone has become the remote control for daily lives
- Sharing Twitter posts can hamper your memory!
- Try these tricks and increase your phone's speed in just 1 minute
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 25: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Gujarat Lions — As it happened...