Saradha Chit Fund scam: TMC MP Kunal Ghosh questioned again
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was on Sunday questioned by police for the second day in connection with the Saradha Chit Fund scam.
"If the police want to arrest me then they can do so. Before arrest, I would seek the permission of police to conduct a press conference. I have a lot of things to say," he said when asked whether he was apprehending arrest in connection with the scam.
"I am ready to cooperate with the police. I am ready to come for the interrogation anytime they want me to come," Ghosh said while entering Bidhannagar police commissionerate for interrogation this morning.
Ghosh was summoned to Bidhannagar police commissionareate for interrogation this morning for the second consecutive day after he was grilled for four hours yesterday.
While reacting to the statements of a section of Trinamool Congress leadership who had dubbed him as a "politician without any popular base" and "opportunist", Ghosh said, "I am hearing a lot of statements from various sections. I would just like to say that I have also been a part of the struggle that Mamata Banerjee had done during Singur and Nandigram movement."
The MP had earlier demanded that all names that figured in the scam and those known to the Saradha Group CMD Sudipta Sen, should be interrogated by the CBI.
He had said that he refused to be used by those trying to keep him in front while shielding others in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani