Saradha Chit Fund scam: TMC MP Kunal Ghosh questioned again
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was on Sunday questioned by police for the second day in connection with the Saradha Chit Fund scam.
"If the police want to arrest me then they can do so. Before arrest, I would seek the permission of police to conduct a press conference. I have a lot of things to say," he said when asked whether he was apprehending arrest in connection with the scam.
"I am ready to cooperate with the police. I am ready to come for the interrogation anytime they want me to come," Ghosh said while entering Bidhannagar police commissionerate for interrogation this morning.
Ghosh was summoned to Bidhannagar police commissionareate for interrogation this morning for the second consecutive day after he was grilled for four hours yesterday.
While reacting to the statements of a section of Trinamool Congress leadership who had dubbed him as a "politician without any popular base" and "opportunist", Ghosh said, "I am hearing a lot of statements from various sections. I would just like to say that I have also been a part of the struggle that Mamata Banerjee had done during Singur and Nandigram movement."
The MP had earlier demanded that all names that figured in the scam and those known to the Saradha Group CMD Sudipta Sen, should be interrogated by the CBI.
He had said that he refused to be used by those trying to keep him in front while shielding others in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das