Saradha mess: Kunal claims his tell-all video will reveal truth
Kolkata: Alleging that he was facing threat to his life for taking on a section of party leadership, dissident Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh on Thursday said he had made a `tell-all` video CD and kept it with a friend, to be published if something unexpected happened to him.
The Rajya Sabha MP also threatened to hold a press conference if he was not invited to the party`s general council meeting on September 30.
"I want the people to know the truth, so I have kept a video recording of my statements in the safe custody of a friend which will be released only if something happens to me all of a sudden, or if I die," Ghosh, who has been implicated in the Saradha chit fund scam by its chairman Sudipta Sen, told reporters here.
"I am having a problem in revealing many facts. It will be revealed in that video," Ghosh, who has been issued a show-cause notice by the party for indiscipline, said.
"I don`t want to reveal what is in the CD as of now, otherwise I will be branded as anti-party. I will say everything at an appropriate time," he said.
Claiming that he has not been been invited to the September 30 general council meeting of the party, the Rajya Sabha MP said, "I want my party to invite me as I want to say something to party men."
"If I am not allowed to speak and the malicious remarks against me continues, I will hold a press conference a day after the general council meeting and reveal many things," Ghosh said.
Ghosh said if he was unable to hold a press conference then the CD would be released. "I won`t accept this campaign to malign my reputation."
Ghosh, who was summoned for the third time by the Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate during the day for questioning in the Saradha chit fund scam, also said he wanted to meet Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen who is in judicial custody, to clarify the allegations against him.
"I want to meet Sudipta Sen as he has made some allegations against me. I want to clarify the allegations in the presence of investigating officers," he said.
Sen, in a letter to the CBI in April, had accused Ghosh of extorting money from him.
Denying reports that he had met Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Ghosh said, "This is an absolute lie. I have not met Sonia Gandhi."
"Rather, a few days ago three Trinamool Congress MPs met Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel over tea. You should enquire what the MPs said against the Trinamool," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'