Saradha mess: Kunal claims his tell-all video will reveal truth
Kolkata: Alleging that he was facing threat to his life for taking on a section of party leadership, dissident Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh on Thursday said he had made a `tell-all` video CD and kept it with a friend, to be published if something unexpected happened to him.
The Rajya Sabha MP also threatened to hold a press conference if he was not invited to the party`s general council meeting on September 30.
"I want the people to know the truth, so I have kept a video recording of my statements in the safe custody of a friend which will be released only if something happens to me all of a sudden, or if I die," Ghosh, who has been implicated in the Saradha chit fund scam by its chairman Sudipta Sen, told reporters here.
"I am having a problem in revealing many facts. It will be revealed in that video," Ghosh, who has been issued a show-cause notice by the party for indiscipline, said.
"I don`t want to reveal what is in the CD as of now, otherwise I will be branded as anti-party. I will say everything at an appropriate time," he said.
Claiming that he has not been been invited to the September 30 general council meeting of the party, the Rajya Sabha MP said, "I want my party to invite me as I want to say something to party men."
"If I am not allowed to speak and the malicious remarks against me continues, I will hold a press conference a day after the general council meeting and reveal many things," Ghosh said.
Ghosh said if he was unable to hold a press conference then the CD would be released. "I won`t accept this campaign to malign my reputation."
Ghosh, who was summoned for the third time by the Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate during the day for questioning in the Saradha chit fund scam, also said he wanted to meet Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen who is in judicial custody, to clarify the allegations against him.
"I want to meet Sudipta Sen as he has made some allegations against me. I want to clarify the allegations in the presence of investigating officers," he said.
Sen, in a letter to the CBI in April, had accused Ghosh of extorting money from him.
Denying reports that he had met Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Ghosh said, "This is an absolute lie. I have not met Sonia Gandhi."
"Rather, a few days ago three Trinamool Congress MPs met Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel over tea. You should enquire what the MPs said against the Trinamool," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future