Saradha probe: ED, CBI to share vital information
Kolkata: The two central agencies, Enforcement Directorate and Central Bureau of Investigation, would coordinate with each other while probing the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam independently.
"The CBI team, led by joint director Rajiv Singh, had come to us yesterday just to get a feel of the entire issue. Both the CBI and the ED will coordinate with each other while probing the matter independently," ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta told a news agency.
Gupta said that it had been decided that both of them would share vital information with each other, although the ED and the CBI were probing the scam under two different legislations.
The ED started the probe under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, while the CBI would investigate the case under IPC.
Gupta said that the ED was in an advanced stage of filing chargesheets against the accused.
"We are quite in an advanced stage in our probe. We hope to file the chargesheets in the next two months," Gupta said.
So far, the ED has interrogated close to 100 persons, among whom are Saradha Group promoter Sudipta Sen, his second wife Piyali Sen and son Subhojit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!