Saradha probe: ED, CBI to share vital information
Kolkata: The two central agencies, Enforcement Directorate and Central Bureau of Investigation, would coordinate with each other while probing the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam independently.
"The CBI team, led by joint director Rajiv Singh, had come to us yesterday just to get a feel of the entire issue. Both the CBI and the ED will coordinate with each other while probing the matter independently," ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta told a news agency.
Gupta said that it had been decided that both of them would share vital information with each other, although the ED and the CBI were probing the scam under two different legislations.
The ED started the probe under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, while the CBI would investigate the case under IPC.
Gupta said that the ED was in an advanced stage of filing chargesheets against the accused.
"We are quite in an advanced stage in our probe. We hope to file the chargesheets in the next two months," Gupta said.
So far, the ED has interrogated close to 100 persons, among whom are Saradha Group promoter Sudipta Sen, his second wife Piyali Sen and son Subhojit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price