Saradha probe: ED, CBI to share vital information
Kolkata: The two central agencies, Enforcement Directorate and Central Bureau of Investigation, would coordinate with each other while probing the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam independently.
"The CBI team, led by joint director Rajiv Singh, had come to us yesterday just to get a feel of the entire issue. Both the CBI and the ED will coordinate with each other while probing the matter independently," ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta told a news agency.
Gupta said that it had been decided that both of them would share vital information with each other, although the ED and the CBI were probing the scam under two different legislations.
The ED started the probe under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, while the CBI would investigate the case under IPC.
Gupta said that the ED was in an advanced stage of filing chargesheets against the accused.
"We are quite in an advanced stage in our probe. We hope to file the chargesheets in the next two months," Gupta said.
So far, the ED has interrogated close to 100 persons, among whom are Saradha Group promoter Sudipta Sen, his second wife Piyali Sen and son Subhojit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone