Saradha probe: ED, CBI to share vital information
Kolkata: The two central agencies, Enforcement Directorate and Central Bureau of Investigation, would coordinate with each other while probing the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam independently.
"The CBI team, led by joint director Rajiv Singh, had come to us yesterday just to get a feel of the entire issue. Both the CBI and the ED will coordinate with each other while probing the matter independently," ED regional special director Yogesh Gupta told a news agency.
Gupta said that it had been decided that both of them would share vital information with each other, although the ED and the CBI were probing the scam under two different legislations.
The ED started the probe under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, while the CBI would investigate the case under IPC.
Gupta said that the ED was in an advanced stage of filing chargesheets against the accused.
"We are quite in an advanced stage in our probe. We hope to file the chargesheets in the next two months," Gupta said.
So far, the ED has interrogated close to 100 persons, among whom are Saradha Group promoter Sudipta Sen, his second wife Piyali Sen and son Subhojit.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!