Saradha scam: Accused remanded in six days police custody
Burdwan: Debjani Mukherjee, Saradha group director and a co-accused in the ponzi scam alongwith its chairman Sudipto Sen, and in-charge of the Durgapur branch of the company Manoj Negel, were on Tuesday remanded in six days police custody by a court.
The duo, connected in three cases with the Burdwan police station, were presented in the court of the Burdwan chief judicial magistrate Salim Ahmed Ansari who remanded them in six days police custody.
The police had sought seven days custody of the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city