Saradha scam: Accused remanded in six days police custody
Burdwan: Debjani Mukherjee, Saradha group director and a co-accused in the ponzi scam alongwith its chairman Sudipto Sen, and in-charge of the Durgapur branch of the company Manoj Negel, were on Tuesday remanded in six days police custody by a court.
The duo, connected in three cases with the Burdwan police station, were presented in the court of the Burdwan chief judicial magistrate Salim Ahmed Ansari who remanded them in six days police custody.
The police had sought seven days custody of the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional