Saradha scam: Bengal minister summoned
Kolkata: West Bengal Textile Minister Shyamapada Mukherjee has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) which is probing the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam.
"I have been asked by the Enforcement Directorate to appear before it regarding a sale of land to the Saradha Group which I did in 2009. I have been given a week`s time to appear," Mukherjee told IANS.
The move came a day after the Central Bureau of Investigation, which is also probing the Rs.10,000 crore scam, raided 30 locations across Delhi, Guwahati, Odisha and Kolkata.
While probing the scam, the ED has attached Saradha`s numerous movable and immovable assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video