Saradha scam: Bengal minister summoned
Kolkata: West Bengal Textile Minister Shyamapada Mukherjee has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) which is probing the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam.
"I have been asked by the Enforcement Directorate to appear before it regarding a sale of land to the Saradha Group which I did in 2009. I have been given a week`s time to appear," Mukherjee told IANS.
The move came a day after the Central Bureau of Investigation, which is also probing the Rs.10,000 crore scam, raided 30 locations across Delhi, Guwahati, Odisha and Kolkata.
While probing the scam, the ED has attached Saradha`s numerous movable and immovable assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof