Saradha scam: BJP fears for Sudipto Sen`s safety
Kolkata: BJP on Tuesday expressed fear that Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen, arrested for duping thousands of investors, might be killed in police custody to "save" the ruling Trinamool Congress from embarrassment.
"We are apprehensive about the safety of Sudipto Sen. We feel that he might be killed in police custody to save Trinamool Congress from public embarrassment as a section of its leaders are closely associated with Sudipto," state BJP president Rahul Sinha said.
"We fear the same thing will happen as in the early Eighties when the Sanchayita boss died under mysterious circumstances," Sinha said, referring to the ponzi company in the 80s when a similar scam took place.
Reiterating his demand for a CBI inquiry, Sinha said those named by Sudipto Sen in his letter to CBI should be thoroughly interrogated by the police.
"Why is the government not taking action against other senior officials of the group?" Sinha asked.
The BJP leader told reporters after meeting Justice (retd) Shyamal Sen who is heading the inquiry commission constituted by the West Bengal government to probe the chit fund scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!