Saradha scam: BJP fears for Sudipto Sen`s safety
Kolkata: BJP on Tuesday expressed fear that Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen, arrested for duping thousands of investors, might be killed in police custody to "save" the ruling Trinamool Congress from embarrassment.
"We are apprehensive about the safety of Sudipto Sen. We feel that he might be killed in police custody to save Trinamool Congress from public embarrassment as a section of its leaders are closely associated with Sudipto," state BJP president Rahul Sinha said.
"We fear the same thing will happen as in the early Eighties when the Sanchayita boss died under mysterious circumstances," Sinha said, referring to the ponzi company in the 80s when a similar scam took place.
Reiterating his demand for a CBI inquiry, Sinha said those named by Sudipto Sen in his letter to CBI should be thoroughly interrogated by the police.
"Why is the government not taking action against other senior officials of the group?" Sinha asked.
The BJP leader told reporters after meeting Justice (retd) Shyamal Sen who is heading the inquiry commission constituted by the West Bengal government to probe the chit fund scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September