Saradha scam: CBI grills Manoranjana Singh
Kolkata: Manoranjana Singh, wife of former union minister and Congress leader Matang Sinh, Sunday appeared before the CBI here for interrogation in connection with the multi-crore-rupee Saradha scam.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sleuths Aug 14 raided Manoranjana Singh`s house.
She along with several high-profile people were accused of complicity in the scam by kingpin Sudipta Sen in his 2013 letter to the central agency.
The Enforcement Directorate, which too is probing the scam, had in May quizzed the former journalist who allegedly sold her shares in an audio-visual channel to the Saradha group.
Meanwhile, Kolkata businessman Sandhir Agarwal who was arrested Saturday night by the CBI was presented before a city court Sunday.
Agarwal was arrested following the interrogation of East Bengal Football Club official Debabrata Sarkar who is now under the custody of the CBI.
Sen had alleged that Sarkar and his accomplices including Agarwal extorted over Rs.40 crore from him to cover a probe into his companies by marker regulator SEBI.
CBI officers Saturday also grilled several people, including former director general of West Bengal Armed Police Rajat Majumdar for nearly seven hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah