Saradha scam: CBI may call TMC MP Mithun to record his statement
New Delhi: CBI may examine Bollywood actor and Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Mithun Chakraborty in connection with its probe in the Saradha ponzi scam as the agency has found that he was allegedly part of the promotion exercise undertaken by the promoters.
The agency sources said examination of all those concerned with the schemes, through which thousands of investors were allegedly cheated, will be undertaken by CBI in a structured manner.
The sources said since Chakraborty was part of the promotional exercise undertaken by the promoters, he will also be examined. The sources however refused to give details as to when CBI might call him for recording his statement.
Chakraborty did not respond to SMS seeking his reaction. They said Mithun`s examination was necessary as he was the brand ambassador of a media platform floated by the group. Sources said the investigating agency will record his statement to understand working of the group and flow of funds.
The sources have clarified that there is no allegation of any wrong doing against the actor in the scam and his testimony will only corroborate the working of the group.
They also said as of now he will only be examined as a witness in the case. The sources said money worth some crores have been paid to the actor for his services to the company which is under scanner and his statement will help the agency to understand how the money was spent by the company.
They said the actor is likely to be called in Kolkata for recording his statement. The CBI, on the directions of the Supreme Court, recently began its probe in the case in which it has registered three cases in West Bengal alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla