Saradha scam: Kunal Ghosh meets SFIO officials again today
New Delhi: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh on Friday met officials of the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO), which had grilled him yesterday in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam in West Bengal.
Ghosh, who was the CEO of the Saradha media group, was on Thursday questioned by SFIO for more than eight hours.
Sources said that following yesterday`s discussions with SFIO officials, Ghosh is understood to have submitted today some documents to them. He was at the agency`s office for about an hour today, they added.
He is expected to be questioned again by SFIO on October 21. Meanwhile, Ghosh has been called again for questioning by the Bidhanagar Police tomorrow, sources said. He has already been summoned six times by the police in the past one month with regard to the Saradha chit fund scam.
"I have tried my best to answer and I have stated the facts... I am cooperating with them (SFIO)," he had said on Thursday after coming out of SFIO office, where he was grilled between 11 am and well past 7 pm.
"I think firstly they wanted me to clarify my position. Then they had other questions also and they are trying to find out where the money is ...," Ghosh had said.
Sources said that SFIO officials yesterday asked Ghosh about Saradha group chairman Sudipta Sen`s connections overseas and with football clubs.
He was also asked about source of funding for Saradha group and about the reasons behind Sudipta Sen getting into the media business, they added.
Ghosh had earlier threatened to disclose names if he was arrested in the scam and demanded an inquiry by his party, saying that he had much to tell the leadership.
Saradha scam, in which lakhs of investors were defrauded, came to light in April after which Sudipta Sen was arrested along with two others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price