Saradha scam: Kunal Ghosh sent to 14 days` judicial custody
Howrah: A local court on Friday remanded suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, who was arrested for alleged involvement in the multi-crore Saradha scam, to 14 days` judicial custody.
Howrah Chief Judicial Magistrate Arun Kumar Nandi sent Ghosh to judicial custody till December 20.
On November 30, the Howrah CJM had taken Ghosh into seven days` police custody.
He was arrested by the Bidhannagar police in North 24-Parganas district on November 23.
Yesterday, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate of Bidhannagar court ordered a stay till December 13 on the recording of confessions of Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore