Saradha scam: Kunal Ghosh, Sudipto Sen meet in court lock up
Kolkata: Arrested Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh and his former employer Saradha group chairman Sudipto Sen on Friday met for the first time after being arrested in connection with the Saradha ponzi scam, in a court lock up.
Ghosh, the suspended Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP, was arrested in November last year for his connections with the scam.
Sen, who was arrested in April last year after the Saradha bubble burst, met his former employee inside the lock up in a court in Bidhannagar, where both were produced for hearing of a case.
What transpired between the two is not known, but Ghosh was seen smiling while coming out of the court and getting in a police jeep.
During Ghosh`s interrogations by the Bidhanagar Police in September and October last year, the MP had demanded he be allowed to speak with Sen and both should be interrogated together.
Sen too, before his arrest in April, had blamed Ghosh, the former CEO of Saradha group`s media arm, for pressurising him to sell his news Channel `Channel 10` at a subsidised rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind