Saradha Scam: LF for strong movement against WB govt`s stand
Kolkata: The Left Front has chalked out an agitation programme against the Mamata Banerjee government`s alleged attempt to take away democratic rights in the state and its handling of the multi-crore Saradha group ponzi scam issue.
Briefing about the LF meeting held here, Front chairman Biman Bose said they would stage a sit-in at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi on December 18, protesting against the attack on democratic rights in West Bengal.
Expressing concern over manhandling of intellectuals and Left leaders protesting the Saradha group ponzi scam, Bose condemned the police action against the agitators and demanded immediate steps against those involved.
Bose also strongly condemned the state government`s stand on the issue, while called upon people and activists of Left parties to fight against it through their agitations.
"Democratic system and moral values are at stake," he said.
Different forums of women, youth and students of the LF would continue with their movement against the government`s stand on Saradha group ponzi scam and police action to take away democratic rights, Bose said.
The LF would again meet on December 3 after taking stock of the situation on the issue.
Educationists Sunanda Sanyal and CPI(M) leader Sujan Chakraborty were among 24 persons who were arrested yesterday while taking part in a demonstration demanding interrogation of persons named by arrested TMC Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh in the Saradha ponzi scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly