Saradha scam: SC verdict Mamata`s personal political defeat, says Congress
Kolkata: Lauding the Supreme Court verdict of CBI inquiry into Saradha chit fund scam, West Bengal Congress today said the judgment was a personal political defeat of state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, as she had opposed it.
"The Supreme Court verdict is a personal political loss of Mamata Banerjee. She had opposed the CBI inquiry into the scam, though several people had committed suicide and lakhs have been duped by Saradha and other chit fund companies," WBPCC president Adhir Chowdhury said.
"Mamata Banerjee`s mask as a symbol of honesty has come off. The people of Bengal will give her a befitting reply," he said.
"She was trying to fool the people but the CBI inquiry will bring out the truth and will book the culprits whom this Trinamool Congress regime was trying to save," said Chowdhury, also minister of state for Railways.
The Supreme Court today directed a CBI probe in the multi-crore chit fund scams in West Bengal, Odisha and Assam in which various companies, including Saradha, are allegedly involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win