Saradha scam: Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh sent to judicial custody
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, arrested in the Saradha Group chit fund scam, was Friday sent to 14 days` judicial custody by a West Bengal court.
The court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (Bidhannagar) AK Ghosh also rejected the bail the plea of Ghosh who was arrested Saturday for "conspiring with Saradha promoter and scam kingpin Sudipta Sen".
Ghosh was earlier suspended by the Trinamool following his repeated outbursts against his own party leaders.
Meanwhile, Sen, who is also behind bars and facing prosecution in a plethora of cases across the state, was during the day remanded to 14 days` judicial custody by a Raiganj court in North Dinajpur district.
The scandal came to light in April when the company closed shop across Bengal, unable to pay back the depositors, mainly poor people in small towns and villages, who had parked their life`s savings with the group, lured by the promise of huge returns.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory