SC moved seeking CBI probe against Tapas Pal`s remarks
New Delhi: A PIL was on Friday filed in the Supreme Court seeking a CBI investigation into the allegedly inflammatory remarks made by actor-cum-Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal.
The PIL was filed by advocate Bijayan Ghosh seeking a probe by CBI as he alleged that the West Bengal Police were acting in a partisan manner in the matter.
The advocate said that since the state government was not taking any action and was dealing with the issue in a "partisan" manner and if no action is taken, it will encourage other leaders to indulge in such activities.
In the petition, the advocate has made West Bengal government and CBI as respondents.
Pal was shown in a video footage aired by a vernacular TV news channel on June 30 as threatening to kill CPI-M workers and having their women raped.
"If any CPI-M man is present here. Listen to me. If you ever touch any Trinamool Congress worker or their families at Choumaha, you have to pay for this. Don`t try to act smart with me. I am smarter than you...
"... Earlier, you guys have bullied me on various occasions. If you insult the mothers and daughters of Trinamool workers. Then I won`t spare you. I will let loose my boys in your homes and they will commit rape. I will teach each of you a lesson," the MP had warned.
Pal had two days ago in a statement tendered an apology for his remarks which had triggered a nationwide outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read