School principal arrested for molesting student
Kolkata: The principal of a well-known school on Park street in the city was arrested for allegedly molesting a class XII student and charged under Section 354A of the IPC, a top police official said.
Fifty-year-old George Bernard Shaw Halder, principal of the English medium school, was arrested yesterday for allegedly molesting a Class XII student of his school in his chamber.
"We will produce him before the court today. He has been charged under Section 354A of the IPC," Vishal Garg, DC, south division, said.
A preliminary investigation has revealed that Halder earlier too harassed some girl students, but the victims had kept their mouths shut because of threat by the principal.
This time the victim summoned up courage to reveal her ordeal to her parents who promptly filed a police complaint yesterday with the Shakespeare Sarani police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials