School principal arrested for molesting student
Kolkata: The principal of a well-known school on Park street in the city was arrested for allegedly molesting a class XII student and charged under Section 354A of the IPC, a top police official said.
Fifty-year-old George Bernard Shaw Halder, principal of the English medium school, was arrested yesterday for allegedly molesting a Class XII student of his school in his chamber.
"We will produce him before the court today. He has been charged under Section 354A of the IPC," Vishal Garg, DC, south division, said.
A preliminary investigation has revealed that Halder earlier too harassed some girl students, but the victims had kept their mouths shut because of threat by the principal.
This time the victim summoned up courage to reveal her ordeal to her parents who promptly filed a police complaint yesterday with the Shakespeare Sarani police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH