School principal remanded in three days` police custody
Kolkata: Principal of Christ Church Girls` School Helen Sarkar, who was arrested following the death of a student, was today produced before a local court which remanded her in three days` police custody.
"Sarkar was produced before the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court in Barrackpore on Friday, which remanded her in police custody for three days under section 304A of IPC," DCDD under Barrackpore Police Commissionerate, Debashis Bez said.
Sarkar was arrested last night on charge of negligence of duty, after she resigned from the principal`s post under pressure from a multitude of guardians, who ransacked the school offices and damaged furniture in protest against the alleged confinement of 11-year-old Oindrila Das in a toilet by seniors, which allegedly led to her death.
Meanwhile, another case has been registered by the victim`s family against the doctor under whose treatment the patient`s condition allegedly deteriorated.
"This case will be added with the main complaint in the case," Bez said.
Police said that another case has been registered against those who ransacked the school on the basis of a complaint by a teacher in the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets