School principal remanded in three days` police custody
Kolkata: Principal of Christ Church Girls` School Helen Sarkar, who was arrested following the death of a student, was today produced before a local court which remanded her in three days` police custody.
"Sarkar was produced before the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court in Barrackpore on Friday, which remanded her in police custody for three days under section 304A of IPC," DCDD under Barrackpore Police Commissionerate, Debashis Bez said.
Sarkar was arrested last night on charge of negligence of duty, after she resigned from the principal`s post under pressure from a multitude of guardians, who ransacked the school offices and damaged furniture in protest against the alleged confinement of 11-year-old Oindrila Das in a toilet by seniors, which allegedly led to her death.
Meanwhile, another case has been registered by the victim`s family against the doctor under whose treatment the patient`s condition allegedly deteriorated.
"This case will be added with the main complaint in the case," Bez said.
Police said that another case has been registered against those who ransacked the school on the basis of a complaint by a teacher in the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?