School teacher killed by Maoists
Kolkata: A primary school teacher, a former Marxist, was kidnapped from his house and shot dead by suspected Maoists in West Bengal`s troubled Midnapore district, police said on Thursday.
"We recovered the body (of Ranjit Dey) from Goaltore area Thursday. Maoist posters were found from the spot," said Deputy Superintendent of Police Chandrashekar Bardhan.
Dey was formerly a member of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what