Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling Mail looted
Jalpaiguri (WB): Dacoits looted money, gold
ornaments and mobile phones from passengers of Darjeeling Mail
in the early hours on Tuesday, police said.
The dacoits armed with sharp edged weapons boarded the
Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling Mail at the Malda station
and started looting the passengers of a sleeper coach at
around 4.30 am and fled, they said.
Angry passengers protested against the dacoity at the
New Jalpaiguri railway station and alleged that there no GRP
personnel on board the train.
Uttam Dey, a resident of Shyambazar in Kolkata said
that the dacoits looted gold ornaments and money from him and
his family. He alleged that there was no GRP personnel on
board the train.
The train was full of tourists who were going to the
Darjeeling hills, Dooars, North Bengal and Sikkim during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’