Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling Mail looted
Jalpaiguri (WB): Dacoits looted money, gold
ornaments and mobile phones from passengers of Darjeeling Mail
in the early hours on Tuesday, police said.
The dacoits armed with sharp edged weapons boarded the
Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling Mail at the Malda station
and started looting the passengers of a sleeper coach at
around 4.30 am and fled, they said.
Angry passengers protested against the dacoity at the
New Jalpaiguri railway station and alleged that there no GRP
personnel on board the train.
Uttam Dey, a resident of Shyambazar in Kolkata said
that the dacoits looted gold ornaments and money from him and
his family. He alleged that there was no GRP personnel on
board the train.
The train was full of tourists who were going to the
Darjeeling hills, Dooars, North Bengal and Sikkim during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!