Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling Mail looted
Jalpaiguri (WB): Dacoits looted money, gold
ornaments and mobile phones from passengers of Darjeeling Mail
in the early hours on Tuesday, police said.
The dacoits armed with sharp edged weapons boarded the
Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling Mail at the Malda station
and started looting the passengers of a sleeper coach at
around 4.30 am and fled, they said.
Angry passengers protested against the dacoity at the
New Jalpaiguri railway station and alleged that there no GRP
personnel on board the train.
Uttam Dey, a resident of Shyambazar in Kolkata said
that the dacoits looted gold ornaments and money from him and
his family. He alleged that there was no GRP personnel on
board the train.
The train was full of tourists who were going to the
Darjeeling hills, Dooars, North Bengal and Sikkim during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati
- BRICS Employment Working Group to meet on July 27-28
- Dozens injured in fresh protests as police foil separatist march in Kashmir
- Cristiano Ronaldo meets Conor McGregor in the ring – See what happened next!
- Rahguram Rajan's continuance would have benefited India: Subbarao