Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling Mail looted
Jalpaiguri (WB): Dacoits looted money, gold
ornaments and mobile phones from passengers of Darjeeling Mail
in the early hours on Tuesday, police said.
The dacoits armed with sharp edged weapons boarded the
Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling Mail at the Malda station
and started looting the passengers of a sleeper coach at
around 4.30 am and fled, they said.
Angry passengers protested against the dacoity at the
New Jalpaiguri railway station and alleged that there no GRP
personnel on board the train.
Uttam Dey, a resident of Shyambazar in Kolkata said
that the dacoits looted gold ornaments and money from him and
his family. He alleged that there was no GRP personnel on
board the train.
The train was full of tourists who were going to the
Darjeeling hills, Dooars, North Bengal and Sikkim during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Duleep Trophy: Abhinav Mukund, Sudeep Chatterjee pass 'Pink Test' with flying colours
- Militants attack American university in Kabul
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI: All-round Lankans thrash clueless Aussies; level series 1-1
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened