Sealdah: Train services hit after coach derailment
Kolkata: Train services were hit in the Sealdah section today after an empty coach got derailed and hit an electric post, while coming out of the railway car-shed.
"The incident happened today at around 11.45 am. The last coach of an empty train got derailed, while coming out the car-shed. That coach after getting derailed had hit an electric post. Due to this overhead electric wires got disturbed and in turn it had affected train services in the northern section of Sealdah division. The coach derailment matter will be investigated," said Samir Goswami, CPRO, Eastern Railways.
Goswami added that the repair work had already been started and the train services will resume soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan