Sealdah: Train services hit after coach derailment
Kolkata: Train services were hit in the Sealdah section today after an empty coach got derailed and hit an electric post, while coming out of the railway car-shed.
"The incident happened today at around 11.45 am. The last coach of an empty train got derailed, while coming out the car-shed. That coach after getting derailed had hit an electric post. Due to this overhead electric wires got disturbed and in turn it had affected train services in the northern section of Sealdah division. The coach derailment matter will be investigated," said Samir Goswami, CPRO, Eastern Railways.
Goswami added that the repair work had already been started and the train services will resume soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview