Sealdah: Train services hit after coach derailment
Kolkata: Train services were hit in the Sealdah section today after an empty coach got derailed and hit an electric post, while coming out of the railway car-shed.
"The incident happened today at around 11.45 am. The last coach of an empty train got derailed, while coming out the car-shed. That coach after getting derailed had hit an electric post. Due to this overhead electric wires got disturbed and in turn it had affected train services in the northern section of Sealdah division. The coach derailment matter will be investigated," said Samir Goswami, CPRO, Eastern Railways.
Goswami added that the repair work had already been started and the train services will resume soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened