Sealdah: Train services hit after coach derailment
Kolkata: Train services were hit in the Sealdah section today after an empty coach got derailed and hit an electric post, while coming out of the railway car-shed.
"The incident happened today at around 11.45 am. The last coach of an empty train got derailed, while coming out the car-shed. That coach after getting derailed had hit an electric post. Due to this overhead electric wires got disturbed and in turn it had affected train services in the northern section of Sealdah division. The coach derailment matter will be investigated," said Samir Goswami, CPRO, Eastern Railways.
Goswami added that the repair work had already been started and the train services will resume soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon