Sealdah: Train services hit after coach derailment
Kolkata: Train services were hit in the Sealdah section today after an empty coach got derailed and hit an electric post, while coming out of the railway car-shed.
"The incident happened today at around 11.45 am. The last coach of an empty train got derailed, while coming out the car-shed. That coach after getting derailed had hit an electric post. Due to this overhead electric wires got disturbed and in turn it had affected train services in the northern section of Sealdah division. The coach derailment matter will be investigated," said Samir Goswami, CPRO, Eastern Railways.
Goswami added that the repair work had already been started and the train services will resume soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites