Second edition of `Bengal Leads` summit a mockery: Opposition
Kolkata: The opposition parties Congress and Left front slammed the TMC-led government`s initiative `Bengal Leads` that began at Haldia on Tuesday, dubbing it as a failure and `mockery` of an industrial summit.
"The industry summit has started but the big industrialists were not found, which is unfortunate," WBPCC leader Abdul Mannan said.
CPI-M Politburo member and WB Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra alleged that though his party was strongly in favour of industrialisation of the state but the second edition of Haldia summit did not come out with any initiative in that direction.
"The Chief Minister`s speech was directionless and the opening day`s programme had a musical end which is not expected of an industrial summit," Mishra said.
On the chief minister`s reference to Gujarat, he said it was Mamata Banerjee herself who was responsible for the industrial development of the western state by driving away Tata Motors from Singur to Sanand, Gujarat.
"We can`t forget the contribution of Mamata Banerjee in driving away the Nano plant from Singur to the advantage of Gujarat," he said.
Abdul Mannan criticised the summit as a `mockery` which ended with a musical programme, participated by some industrialists and TMC leaders including Sudip Bandopadhayay.
"Nothing can be more dramatic than this."
He alleged that the police had detained Congress` East Midnapore district secretary Kanishka Panda on the `flimsy ground` that he could create trouble at Haldia during the industrial summit.
"We presume that the Mamata Banerjee government has become shaky and has lost confidence in itself and that is why an innocent person like Kanishka Panda was dragged out of his house, assaulted and detained at Bhupathinagar police station," Mannan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered