Security beefed up at Kolkata Metro stations after threat call
Kolkata: Security has been beefed up at all the Metro stations here after officials at the Metro Bhavan received a threat call in the morning claiming to blow up a station, Metro officials said.
"There was a threat call at the Metro Bhavan office at around 11.30 this morning claiming to blow up a station by 6.30 pm," Metro railway CPRO R N Mahapatra told PTI.
"We have informed it to Lalbazar and security has been beefed up at all the metro stations," he added.
Police is trying to trace the call, Mahapatra said adding that metro services were unhindered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?