Security forces exchange fire with Maoists
Jhargram: A gun battle on Sunday erupted
between security forces and Maoists in a jungle in West
Midnapore district along the Odisha border, police said.
No injuries or casualties from either side were,
however, reported during the 20-minute-long exchange of firing
Jhargram SP Gaurav Sharma said they were tipped-off
that the Maoists were hiding in the area leading to a search
operation in the area.
"After the initial firing, the Maoists seemed to have
fled away to Odisha. We found a bag and a polythene sheet from
the forest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray