Security forces exchange fire with Maoists
Jhargram: A gun battle on Sunday erupted
between security forces and Maoists in a jungle in West
Midnapore district along the Odisha border, police said.
No injuries or casualties from either side were,
however, reported during the 20-minute-long exchange of firing
Jhargram SP Gaurav Sharma said they were tipped-off
that the Maoists were hiding in the area leading to a search
operation in the area.
"After the initial firing, the Maoists seemed to have
fled away to Odisha. We found a bag and a polythene sheet from
the forest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion