Senior BSNL official arrested on bribe charges
New Delhi: The CBI has arrested Chief General Manager of state-owned BSNL from a hotel in Kolkata for allegedly accepting a bribe from a cable supplier, CBI sources said here on Sunday.
SK Satyarthi, CGM, BSNL Factory Circle, Kolkata, was arrested late last night while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 3.25 lakh from the supplier, they said.
Based on a complaint that the chief general manager was allegedly demanding a bribe for awarding a contract of cable supply, the CBI had laid down a trap at the hotel where the alleged exchange of money was to take place, they said.
After getting a signal, the CBI team entered the hotel and arrested Satyarthi, they said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- RSS is against westernization, not modernization: Nitin Gadkari
- AAP govt, MCDs have responsibility to pay salaries: HC
- Bengaluru tops online learning in India: Coursera
- 50% Indian corporates open to working with start-ups
- SC notice to Centre, state governments on PIL for uploading FIR within 24 hours