Senior BSNL official arrested on bribe charges
New Delhi: The CBI has arrested Chief General Manager of state-owned BSNL from a hotel in Kolkata for allegedly accepting a bribe from a cable supplier, CBI sources said here on Sunday.
SK Satyarthi, CGM, BSNL Factory Circle, Kolkata, was arrested late last night while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 3.25 lakh from the supplier, they said.
Based on a complaint that the chief general manager was allegedly demanding a bribe for awarding a contract of cable supply, the CBI had laid down a trap at the hotel where the alleged exchange of money was to take place, they said.
After getting a signal, the CBI team entered the hotel and arrested Satyarthi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere