Senior BSNL official arrested on bribe charges
New Delhi: The CBI has arrested Chief General Manager of state-owned BSNL from a hotel in Kolkata for allegedly accepting a bribe from a cable supplier, CBI sources said here on Sunday.
SK Satyarthi, CGM, BSNL Factory Circle, Kolkata, was arrested late last night while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 3.25 lakh from the supplier, they said.
Based on a complaint that the chief general manager was allegedly demanding a bribe for awarding a contract of cable supply, the CBI had laid down a trap at the hotel where the alleged exchange of money was to take place, they said.
After getting a signal, the CBI team entered the hotel and arrested Satyarthi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof