Senior GJM leader joins Trinamool
Darjeeling: Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) central committee member Pravin Rahapal, along with his supporters, has joined the Trinamool Congress protesting against party chief Bimal Gurung`s alleged move to dump the demand for Gorkhaland.
Rahapal, a frontline leader of the GJM since its inception in 2007, joined the ruling party at a programme at Gairibas in Kalimpong subdivision yesterday.
"During the Gorkhaland movement, Bimal Gurung kept on saying they did not want GTA but a separate state. But they ditched the people by accepting the GTA Sabha and got their family members and relatives elected to the autonomous body," Rahapal claimed.
"My decision to resign from the Morcha and join Trinamool is a protest against the undemocratic functioning of the hill party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days