Senior GJM leader joins Trinamool
Darjeeling: Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) central committee member Pravin Rahapal, along with his supporters, has joined the Trinamool Congress protesting against party chief Bimal Gurung`s alleged move to dump the demand for Gorkhaland.
Rahapal, a frontline leader of the GJM since its inception in 2007, joined the ruling party at a programme at Gairibas in Kalimpong subdivision yesterday.
"During the Gorkhaland movement, Bimal Gurung kept on saying they did not want GTA but a separate state. But they ditched the people by accepting the GTA Sabha and got their family members and relatives elected to the autonomous body," Rahapal claimed.
"My decision to resign from the Morcha and join Trinamool is a protest against the undemocratic functioning of the hill party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family