Seven arrested for attempt to leak railway exam paper in WB
Kolkata: A former railway employee and a driver were among the seven people arrested Saturday on suspicion of involvement in the leak of question papers of a railway recruitment examination, an official in West Bengal said.
Cash, mobiles and some documents were seized from the arrested people, the official said.
The accused were arrested from Howrah during a joint operation by the railway vigilance team and police.
"Besides Rs.4,63,000 in cash, 71 mobile phones, some Xerox and fax machines have been found in their possession. While no question papers have been found, some documents have been seized and the vigilance team is inspecting them," a South Eastern Railway spokesperson said.
He said that of the seven arrested, one is a former employee who took voluntary retirement. Another worked as a driver with the railways.
The official said the recruitment examination will be held as scheduled Sunday, Dec 8.
Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury said stringent action would be taken against those found guilty of attempting to leak question papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Two UAE women reunite with Indian mother after 28 years
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming
- Himachal sees 26 percent deficit rainfall
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana