Seven arrested for attempt to leak railway exam paper in WB
Kolkata: A former railway employee and a driver were among the seven people arrested Saturday on suspicion of involvement in the leak of question papers of a railway recruitment examination, an official in West Bengal said.
Cash, mobiles and some documents were seized from the arrested people, the official said.
The accused were arrested from Howrah during a joint operation by the railway vigilance team and police.
"Besides Rs.4,63,000 in cash, 71 mobile phones, some Xerox and fax machines have been found in their possession. While no question papers have been found, some documents have been seized and the vigilance team is inspecting them," a South Eastern Railway spokesperson said.
He said that of the seven arrested, one is a former employee who took voluntary retirement. Another worked as a driver with the railways.
The official said the recruitment examination will be held as scheduled Sunday, Dec 8.
Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury said stringent action would be taken against those found guilty of attempting to leak question papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan