Seven CPI(M) supporters injured in clashes
Jalpaiguri: At least seven CPI(M) supporters were injured in clashes with Trinamool Congress workers in Jalpaiguri district where panchayat polling is being held on Thursday.
Three persons were injured at Talguri under Maynaguri police station during a clash today, while another person was hit on his head when he was going to cast his vote today, the police said.
All the four persons were stated to be CPI(M) supporters.
In another clash which took place last night, three CPI(M) supporters were injured at Paharpur area of the district, the sources said.
One of the three injured were admitted to hospital.
In another incident, several people were reportedly injured at a clash today at Swastir Hat in Maynaguri block.
Meanwhile, around 500 CPI(M) supporters have alleged that they were not allowed to cast vote by Trinamool Congress workers at Pukurjan village in Jajganj block of the district.
The last phase of polling is being held today in four districts of north Bengal -- Jalpaiguri, North and South Dinajpur and Coochbehar.
Since the beginning of the Panchayat Election on July 11, 20 persons have died in poll-related violence in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH