Seven detained over West Bengal bus firing
Kolkata: Seven people have been detained for questioning after gunshots were fired at a bus in West Bengal`s Malda district injuring at least three people.
The firing took place on Friday night when the bus from English Bazaar was on its way to Nalagola.
"We have detained seven people for questioning," Malda Superintendent of Police Kalyan Mukherjee said.
The firing followed a bomb explosion in Jalpaiguri district which has so far claimed six lives besides injuring three.
While police suspect the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation behind both the incidents, the separatist outfit has denied its involvement in Thursday`s bomb explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq