Seven detained over West Bengal bus firing
Kolkata: Seven people have been detained for questioning after gunshots were fired at a bus in West Bengal`s Malda district injuring at least three people.
The firing took place on Friday night when the bus from English Bazaar was on its way to Nalagola.
"We have detained seven people for questioning," Malda Superintendent of Police Kalyan Mukherjee said.
The firing followed a bomb explosion in Jalpaiguri district which has so far claimed six lives besides injuring three.
While police suspect the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation behind both the incidents, the separatist outfit has denied its involvement in Thursday`s bomb explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray