Seven detained over West Bengal bus firing
Kolkata: Seven people have been detained for questioning after gunshots were fired at a bus in West Bengal`s Malda district injuring at least three people.
The firing took place on Friday night when the bus from English Bazaar was on its way to Nalagola.
"We have detained seven people for questioning," Malda Superintendent of Police Kalyan Mukherjee said.
The firing followed a bomb explosion in Jalpaiguri district which has so far claimed six lives besides injuring three.
While police suspect the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation behind both the incidents, the separatist outfit has denied its involvement in Thursday`s bomb explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Quran desecration case: AAP MLA Naresh Yadav sent to 2-day police custody
- Beijing dodges ASEAN rebuke over South China Sea row
- Afghan civilian casualties at record high in first half of 2016: UN
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning
- Hemant Soren complains against top police officer