Seven detained over West Bengal bus firing
Kolkata: Seven people have been detained for questioning after gunshots were fired at a bus in West Bengal`s Malda district injuring at least three people.
The firing took place on Friday night when the bus from English Bazaar was on its way to Nalagola.
"We have detained seven people for questioning," Malda Superintendent of Police Kalyan Mukherjee said.
The firing followed a bomb explosion in Jalpaiguri district which has so far claimed six lives besides injuring three.
While police suspect the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation behind both the incidents, the separatist outfit has denied its involvement in Thursday`s bomb explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday