Seven detained over West Bengal bus firing
Kolkata: Seven people have been detained for questioning after gunshots were fired at a bus in West Bengal`s Malda district injuring at least three people.
The firing took place on Friday night when the bus from English Bazaar was on its way to Nalagola.
"We have detained seven people for questioning," Malda Superintendent of Police Kalyan Mukherjee said.
The firing followed a bomb explosion in Jalpaiguri district which has so far claimed six lives besides injuring three.
While police suspect the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation behind both the incidents, the separatist outfit has denied its involvement in Thursday`s bomb explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for