Seven held for impersonation in police exam
New Delhi: Seven people were arrested for impersonation in a Delhi Police written examination conducted here to recruit drivers, police said Monday.
The accused had appeared in the exam held at Delhi Police Training Institute near Wazirabad in east Delhi.
Manish, 24, Amit Kumar, 19, Sandeep Kumar, 24, Surender Singh, 24, Umesh, 23, Ashok, 21, and Ajay Kumar, 23, were arrested for writing the answersheet on behalf of other individuals.
Interrogation revealed that the motive for indulging in the crime was to help the original applicants clear the written examination.
In one case, a candidate`s cousin had appeared in the written exam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown