Seven held for impersonation in police exam
New Delhi: Seven people were arrested for impersonation in a Delhi Police written examination conducted here to recruit drivers, police said Monday.
The accused had appeared in the exam held at Delhi Police Training Institute near Wazirabad in east Delhi.
Manish, 24, Amit Kumar, 19, Sandeep Kumar, 24, Surender Singh, 24, Umesh, 23, Ashok, 21, and Ajay Kumar, 23, were arrested for writing the answersheet on behalf of other individuals.
Interrogation revealed that the motive for indulging in the crime was to help the original applicants clear the written examination.
In one case, a candidate`s cousin had appeared in the written exam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister