Seven held for impersonation in police exam
New Delhi: Seven people were arrested for impersonation in a Delhi Police written examination conducted here to recruit drivers, police said Monday.
The accused had appeared in the exam held at Delhi Police Training Institute near Wazirabad in east Delhi.
Manish, 24, Amit Kumar, 19, Sandeep Kumar, 24, Surender Singh, 24, Umesh, 23, Ashok, 21, and Ajay Kumar, 23, were arrested for writing the answersheet on behalf of other individuals.
Interrogation revealed that the motive for indulging in the crime was to help the original applicants clear the written examination.
In one case, a candidate`s cousin had appeared in the written exam, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai