Seven held for impersonation in police exam
New Delhi: Seven people were arrested for impersonation in a Delhi Police written examination conducted here to recruit drivers, police said Monday.
The accused had appeared in the exam held at Delhi Police Training Institute near Wazirabad in east Delhi.
Manish, 24, Amit Kumar, 19, Sandeep Kumar, 24, Surender Singh, 24, Umesh, 23, Ashok, 21, and Ajay Kumar, 23, were arrested for writing the answersheet on behalf of other individuals.
Interrogation revealed that the motive for indulging in the crime was to help the original applicants clear the written examination.
In one case, a candidate`s cousin had appeared in the written exam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown