Seven infant deaths at Malda hospital in past 24 hours
Malda: Seven infants have died in past 24 hours at West Bengal`s Malda Medical College and Hospital, which witnessed frequent crib deaths in the recent past.
Hospital deputy superintendent Jyotish Das said the infants were aged between 0-28 days and had complaints of low birth weight, malnutrition and respiratory problems.
One of them died soon after delivery, while the rest had been referred to the hospital from public health centres of Baishnabnagar, Kaliachowk, Bamungola.
The government hospital had been in the news for the death of 23 infants due to a unspecified illness in June.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III