Seven infant deaths at Malda hospital in past 24 hours
Malda: Seven infants have died in past 24 hours at West Bengal`s Malda Medical College and Hospital, which witnessed frequent crib deaths in the recent past.
Hospital deputy superintendent Jyotish Das said the infants were aged between 0-28 days and had complaints of low birth weight, malnutrition and respiratory problems.
One of them died soon after delivery, while the rest had been referred to the hospital from public health centres of Baishnabnagar, Kaliachowk, Bamungola.
The government hospital had been in the news for the death of 23 infants due to a unspecified illness in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested