Seven infant deaths at Malda hospital in past 24 hours
Malda: Seven infants have died in past 24 hours at West Bengal`s Malda Medical College and Hospital, which witnessed frequent crib deaths in the recent past.
Hospital deputy superintendent Jyotish Das said the infants were aged between 0-28 days and had complaints of low birth weight, malnutrition and respiratory problems.
One of them died soon after delivery, while the rest had been referred to the hospital from public health centres of Baishnabnagar, Kaliachowk, Bamungola.
The government hospital had been in the news for the death of 23 infants due to a unspecified illness in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list