Seven injured in Bengal bomb blast
Kolkata: At least seven people were injured Sunday when a low intensity bomb went off in a bus in West Bengal, police said.
The explosion took place in Jalpaiguri district, police said.
"Seven persons received injuries. The bus was bound for neighbouring Bhutan from Assam. The National Liberation Force of Bengalis has claimed responsibility for the blast," said Superintendent of Police (Jalpaiguri) Amit Javalgi.
The injured were admitted to hospital.
Javalgi did not immediately elaborate upon the National Liberation Force of Bengalis, the organisation that had claimed responsibility for the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley