Seven policemen killed in mishap in WB
Jalpaiguri (WB): Seven policemen were killed and another grievously injured when their vehicle collided head-on with a truck in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district on Sunday.
The vehicle carrying the police personnel from Cooch Behar to Malda collided head-on with the truck on the Changrabandha-Mynaguri road at around 6.30 A M, official sources said.
Both the vehicles were travelling at high speed amid foggy weather when the mishap occurred, they said.
The driver of the truck is absconding while the injured policeman was admitted in a serious condition to the Jalpaiguri Civil Hospital.
The victims are Gopal Dey Sarcar and his colleague of the same name, Rajesh Sheikh (driver), Amind Kongar, Madan Chetri, Samiul Islam and Rezaul Islam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room