Seventy guns found buried near CPI(M) office in West Midnapore
Midnapore (WB): Seventy guns were found buried in the bank of a canal near a CPI(M) party office at Ennayatpur village in West Midnapore district on Wednesday, police sources said.
The CRPF dug up a portion of the canal bank after metal detectors alerted them to the presence of metal and found the 70 single barrelled guns, the sources said.
The the CRPF had specific information about the buried arms, they said.
Meanwhile, a landmine, 30 kg of explosives and a musket believed to have been cached by Maoists were recovered from Dharampur, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi