Seventy guns found buried near CPI(M) office in West Midnapore
Midnapore (WB): Seventy guns were found buried in the bank of a canal near a CPI(M) party office at Ennayatpur village in West Midnapore district on Wednesday, police sources said.
The CRPF dug up a portion of the canal bank after metal detectors alerted them to the presence of metal and found the 70 single barrelled guns, the sources said.
The the CRPF had specific information about the buried arms, they said.
Meanwhile, a landmine, 30 kg of explosives and a musket believed to have been cached by Maoists were recovered from Dharampur, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway