Seventy guns found buried near CPI(M) office in West Midnapore
Midnapore (WB): Seventy guns were found buried in the bank of a canal near a CPI(M) party office at Ennayatpur village in West Midnapore district on Wednesday, police sources said.
The CRPF dug up a portion of the canal bank after metal detectors alerted them to the presence of metal and found the 70 single barrelled guns, the sources said.
The the CRPF had specific information about the buried arms, they said.
Meanwhile, a landmine, 30 kg of explosives and a musket believed to have been cached by Maoists were recovered from Dharampur, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29