Several injured in Kolkata clash
Kolkata: Several people were injured when slumdwellers evicted from their homes blocked a road and clashed with police Wednesday.
The residents of Nonadanga slum were evicted a few days back by the administration.
Kolkata police deputy commissioner Basab Dasgupta said the police moved in after the slumdwellers blocked a key road and refused to vacate.
Dasgupta denied that police used batons to break the protest. But television visuals showed precisely that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing