Several injured in Kolkata clash
Kolkata: Several people were injured when slumdwellers evicted from their homes blocked a road and clashed with police Wednesday.
The residents of Nonadanga slum were evicted a few days back by the administration.
Kolkata police deputy commissioner Basab Dasgupta said the police moved in after the slumdwellers blocked a key road and refused to vacate.
Dasgupta denied that police used batons to break the protest. But television visuals showed precisely that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan