Several injured in Kolkata clash
Kolkata: Several people were injured when slumdwellers evicted from their homes blocked a road and clashed with police Wednesday.
The residents of Nonadanga slum were evicted a few days back by the administration.
Kolkata police deputy commissioner Basab Dasgupta said the police moved in after the slumdwellers blocked a key road and refused to vacate.
Dasgupta denied that police used batons to break the protest. But television visuals showed precisely that.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Windows 10 gets new Facebook, Messenger apps
- Digvijay Singh's youngest daughter succumbs to cancer
- World Bank is looking ways to use Aadhar experience'
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened