Several inquiries are going on: Narayanan on Saradha scam
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan today sidestepped a question on whether a CBI inquiry was needed into the Saradha chit fund scam saying that inquiries going on.
"Several inquiries are going on and the most important is how we can give some money back to the investors," Narayanan told reporters when asked whether a CBI probe was required into the scam, which has hit thousands of investors in the state.
Opposition parties have demanded a CBI inquiry into the Saradha Group alleging involvement of ruling Trinamool Congress MPs.
Asked whether he thought the Rs 500 crore relief package announced by the state government was enough to help investors, the governor said "Not enough, but it is a major effort."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon