Several inquiries are going on: Narayanan on Saradha scam
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan today sidestepped a question on whether a CBI inquiry was needed into the Saradha chit fund scam saying that inquiries going on.
"Several inquiries are going on and the most important is how we can give some money back to the investors," Narayanan told reporters when asked whether a CBI probe was required into the scam, which has hit thousands of investors in the state.
Opposition parties have demanded a CBI inquiry into the Saradha Group alleging involvement of ruling Trinamool Congress MPs.
Asked whether he thought the Rs 500 crore relief package announced by the state government was enough to help investors, the governor said "Not enough, but it is a major effort."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump