Several inquiries are going on: Narayanan on Saradha scam
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan today sidestepped a question on whether a CBI inquiry was needed into the Saradha chit fund scam saying that inquiries going on.
"Several inquiries are going on and the most important is how we can give some money back to the investors," Narayanan told reporters when asked whether a CBI probe was required into the scam, which has hit thousands of investors in the state.
Opposition parties have demanded a CBI inquiry into the Saradha Group alleging involvement of ruling Trinamool Congress MPs.
Asked whether he thought the Rs 500 crore relief package announced by the state government was enough to help investors, the governor said "Not enough, but it is a major effort."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?