Several inquiries are going on: Narayanan on Saradha scam
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan today sidestepped a question on whether a CBI inquiry was needed into the Saradha chit fund scam saying that inquiries going on.
"Several inquiries are going on and the most important is how we can give some money back to the investors," Narayanan told reporters when asked whether a CBI probe was required into the scam, which has hit thousands of investors in the state.
Opposition parties have demanded a CBI inquiry into the Saradha Group alleging involvement of ruling Trinamool Congress MPs.
Asked whether he thought the Rs 500 crore relief package announced by the state government was enough to help investors, the governor said "Not enough, but it is a major effort."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside