SFI leader beaten to death
Canning: A local leader of the Students` Federation of India (SFI), students wing of the CPI(M), was on Sunday allegedly beaten to death at Baruipur area in South 24 Parganas district, the police said.
Saifuddin Mollah (24), the SFI leader, had gone to a meeting of Suryakanta Mishra, leader of the opposition in West Bengal assembly, at Baruipur town.
When he returned to Sitakunda under Baruipur police station, where he lived, some people abducted him, the sources said.
Later, he was beaten up and was found in a critically injured condition at Kajirabad under the same police station.
After he was taken to hospital, the doctors declared him brought dead, the sources said.
While CPI(M) alleged that it was the handiwork of Trinamool Congress backed miscreants, local Trinamool leaders said it was the result of the infighting of anti-socials and their party was not involved.
Sitakunda panchayat was earlier held by the Trinamool but it was now being run by the CPI(M)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant