SFI leader beaten to death
Canning: A local leader of the Students` Federation of India (SFI), students wing of the CPI(M), was on Sunday allegedly beaten to death at Baruipur area in South 24 Parganas district, the police said.
Saifuddin Mollah (24), the SFI leader, had gone to a meeting of Suryakanta Mishra, leader of the opposition in West Bengal assembly, at Baruipur town.
When he returned to Sitakunda under Baruipur police station, where he lived, some people abducted him, the sources said.
Later, he was beaten up and was found in a critically injured condition at Kajirabad under the same police station.
After he was taken to hospital, the doctors declared him brought dead, the sources said.
While CPI(M) alleged that it was the handiwork of Trinamool Congress backed miscreants, local Trinamool leaders said it was the result of the infighting of anti-socials and their party was not involved.
Sitakunda panchayat was earlier held by the Trinamool but it was now being run by the CPI(M)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details