SFI leader beaten to death
Canning: A local leader of the Students` Federation of India (SFI), students wing of the CPI(M), was on Sunday allegedly beaten to death at Baruipur area in South 24 Parganas district, the police said.
Saifuddin Mollah (24), the SFI leader, had gone to a meeting of Suryakanta Mishra, leader of the opposition in West Bengal assembly, at Baruipur town.
When he returned to Sitakunda under Baruipur police station, where he lived, some people abducted him, the sources said.
Later, he was beaten up and was found in a critically injured condition at Kajirabad under the same police station.
After he was taken to hospital, the doctors declared him brought dead, the sources said.
While CPI(M) alleged that it was the handiwork of Trinamool Congress backed miscreants, local Trinamool leaders said it was the result of the infighting of anti-socials and their party was not involved.
Sitakunda panchayat was earlier held by the Trinamool but it was now being run by the CPI(M)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch