SFI leader beaten to death
Canning: A local leader of the Students` Federation of India (SFI), students wing of the CPI(M), was on Sunday allegedly beaten to death at Baruipur area in South 24 Parganas district, the police said.
Saifuddin Mollah (24), the SFI leader, had gone to a meeting of Suryakanta Mishra, leader of the opposition in West Bengal assembly, at Baruipur town.
When he returned to Sitakunda under Baruipur police station, where he lived, some people abducted him, the sources said.
Later, he was beaten up and was found in a critically injured condition at Kajirabad under the same police station.
After he was taken to hospital, the doctors declared him brought dead, the sources said.
While CPI(M) alleged that it was the handiwork of Trinamool Congress backed miscreants, local Trinamool leaders said it was the result of the infighting of anti-socials and their party was not involved.
Sitakunda panchayat was earlier held by the Trinamool but it was now being run by the CPI(M)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel