SFI leader`s father moves Calcutta HC, seeks CBI probe
Kolkata: The father of SFI leader Sudipto Gupta on Tuesday moved the Calcutta High Court seeking a CBI probe into the death of his son, saying that a fair investigation was not possible by any state agency.
The petition by Pranab Kumar Gupta also appealed that the investigation into the death of Sudipto be monitored by the court, his counsels Bikash Bhattacharya and Rabishankar Chattopadhyay said.
Stating that only the driver of the bus, from which Sudipto had allegedly fallen while being taken to Presidency jail, had been arrested, the father claimed that the investigation had not proceeded further.
The police had maintained that Sudipto, a MA student of Rabindra Bharati University, was hanging from the foot-board of the bus when his head hit a lamp post while being taken to jail after a law violation programme by SFI on April 2.
The matter is likely to come up for hearing before the court next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them