SFI leader`s father moves Calcutta HC, seeks CBI probe
Kolkata: The father of SFI leader Sudipto Gupta on Tuesday moved the Calcutta High Court seeking a CBI probe into the death of his son, saying that a fair investigation was not possible by any state agency.
The petition by Pranab Kumar Gupta also appealed that the investigation into the death of Sudipto be monitored by the court, his counsels Bikash Bhattacharya and Rabishankar Chattopadhyay said.
Stating that only the driver of the bus, from which Sudipto had allegedly fallen while being taken to Presidency jail, had been arrested, the father claimed that the investigation had not proceeded further.
The police had maintained that Sudipto, a MA student of Rabindra Bharati University, was hanging from the foot-board of the bus when his head hit a lamp post while being taken to jail after a law violation programme by SFI on April 2.
The matter is likely to come up for hearing before the court next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test