SFI protests student`s death in Kolkata
Kolkata: The Students Federation of India (SFI) on Thursday observed a students` strike to protest the death of its leader Sudipta Gupta, setting up roadblocks in West Bengal, including the capital.
SFI members blocked busy roads in the metropolis and other parts of the state for 15 minutes at 11 am.
The blockade was peaceful, police sources said.
Several schools and colleges remained open ignoring the SFI`s call for a student strike.
The CPI(M)`s 12-hour general strike at Garia and Tollygunge in the southern suburbs, where Gupta lived and studied during his school and college days, was peaceful.
Gupta, a 22-year-old MA student at the Rabindra Bharati University, died while being taken to jail following a law violation programme by the SFI on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you