SFI protests student`s death in Kolkata
Kolkata: The Students Federation of India (SFI) on Thursday observed a students` strike to protest the death of its leader Sudipta Gupta, setting up roadblocks in West Bengal, including the capital.
SFI members blocked busy roads in the metropolis and other parts of the state for 15 minutes at 11 am.
The blockade was peaceful, police sources said.
Several schools and colleges remained open ignoring the SFI`s call for a student strike.
The CPI(M)`s 12-hour general strike at Garia and Tollygunge in the southern suburbs, where Gupta lived and studied during his school and college days, was peaceful.
Gupta, a 22-year-old MA student at the Rabindra Bharati University, died while being taken to jail following a law violation programme by the SFI on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read